Valentine's Day gifts can really burn a hole in our wallets. Don't get me wrong, I don't think relationships need to be built on gifts, but I'd be lying if I say I don't love little surprises, especially on the most romantic day of the year! So when my boyfriend and I made a recent purchase that we were both able to use, I had a "light bulb over my head" moment and came up with this unisex version of the Valentine's Day gift guide.
1. HoMedics® Percussion Action Handheld Massager with Heat I got this device for my boyfriend's back problem, but I ended up loving it as well! This helps release muscle tension on his back. As for me, I use this handheld massager to help alleviate soreness, especially on my legs, from my workout sessions.
2. Shaveworks™ Pearl Soufflé Luxurious Shave Cream Even though this is marketed toward women, it is such a good moisturizing shaving cream that it will work for both sex. And who wouldn't want your partner to have nicely-shaven smooth skin to blow kisses on? P.S. Read about my 7 shaving tips to get you date-ready.
3. Kiehl's Bath & Shower Liquid Body Cleanser in Grapefruit I am addicted to this body wash thanks to my gym here in Boston. I shamelessly slather myself in this after every workout and simply take my time in the shower. What I love about this moisturizing body wash is how light the grapefruit scent is - Precisely why I think this works for both sex as the smell won't be deemed too "girly". And we're talking about Kiehl's here - It's the best of the best when it comes to body care!
$25.00 (16.9 oz bottle) kiehls.com
4. L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream I am a hoarder of hand cream and L'Occitane is one of my obsessions. Given the snow storms we've had in the past days (and with more coming), this hand cream will come in handy! This is the brand's best-selling hand cream ("1 is sold every 3 seconds around the world"), and it will leave you with silky smooth hands. The scent is very light and works well as a unisex hand cream. Also, get the 1 0z which is perfect to throw in your and your partner's purse, tote, messenger bag, whatever your travel style is.
$12.00 (1 oz tube) loccitane.com
5. Hadatuko Daily Protector SFP 30 PA+++ I am passionate about daily, year-round sun protection. My past work in the sun care category has given me deep understanding of the danger our skin faces when not using sun protection (even on a cloudy day). So naturally and with love, I enforce a daily sunscreen rule, which my boyfriend happily oblige. This made-in-Japan sunscreen is great for its non-greasy formula ("too oily" often is the complaint I hear about using facial sunscreen). A Valentine's Day gift picked with love for your partner's health. Enough said!
Thanks for stopping by and hope you find this unisex gift guide helpful!
MORE FROM THE GIFT GUIDE SERIES