Do you have a tough time resisting these adorable KaKao Friends, too? Hope you've enjoyed this post and thanks for stopping by!
MORE FROM THE K-BEAUTY SERIES
I don't skim on my skin care ritual when I'm on the go for these reasons.
ONE // Most important one - Your skin deserves the best pampering, whether you're at home or not! I won't compromise my skin health and if it means getting up a little earlier or staying up a littler later, I'll do it.
TWO // Not changing out your products too much will help normalize your skin. Plus, you don't want to be dealing with skin reaction when you're traveling!
THREE // Using the same products that you would at home is the best remedy for homesickness. As much as I love traveling and seeing new places, I get homesick every now and then. Seeing familiar things help ease that a little bit.
FOUR // Having a few options for those special treats (sheet masks, clay mask, eye-refreshers, etc) is like carrying a mini-first-aid kit with you in case your skin needs some extra attention in your new location.
I stick with my core products and bring full size or travel size depending on my destination
I know it looks like a lot in this photo, but my core ritual consists of only 8 steps with the rest on rotation depending on how my skin feels. If I'm visiting home, I bring my full-size since I don't have to worry about multiple transit points or the need to do carry-on only. If I'm traveling to destinations, then I bring travel-size.
If you're curious about these products, you can check out the stories I had posted before (just click on each product)
Clarins Double Serum (I've found a site selling this at a more reasonable price!)
Dr. Jart+ Sheet Mask (I wrote about Dr. J's Brightening Solution mask)
Like this post if you agree with me that our skin deserves the best pampering no matter where we are!
I'd also love to learn about your skin care ritual...Leave a comment below!
Thanks for stopping by :)
MORE FROM THE BEAUTY SERIES
I am dedicating this post to my best friend's husband (who still needs some convincing) and all those who work hard to spread their professional knowledge on and personal experience with sun protection...
I was bad in my younger years - Worshiped the sun instead of my sunscreen. I also neglected my poor face when it came to sun protection. Now I am left with a losing battle with my dark spots. At the same time, I know I'm one of the lucky few who have escaped skin cancer. I am extremely grateful for my "second chance" and take my sun protection very seriously.
This story is about more than just showing you products I love...it’s also giving me a chance to share what I know about sun damage and I hope, after reading this story, you will convert to sunscreen-worshiping, too!
Sunscreen for face is tricky as it tends to clog pores and not always ideal for oily/combo skin. However, with new technology in skin care, there are more options these days that are more gentle to the skin. After some trial & error, I've finally narrowed down to these gentle and lightweight versions that don't stir up the oily pot and work well with layering. And for those with normal or dry skin, I encourage you to try them out, too, as some of these have great skin care benefits while protecting your face from UV radiations!
P.S. I'm also including some tidbits about sun damage, sunscreen labeling and sun protection in each section. My goal is to share what I know, so that you are armed with information to make informed decisions about your own skin care ritual!
The smell of Coppertone is one of those sensorial experience I could never forget. You just knew when someone’s wearing sunscreen with that intense smell back in those days. And I think for this and many other reasons, most of us forgo applying sunscreen from the neck down on a normal day. The truth is that UV rays don't discriminate and it is as harsh on your body skin as it is on your face. But thank goodness for technology and now we have these less-scented, lightweight, no-white-streak options that don't make us go "ewk" while protecting our body skin.
I am really curious to know your thoughts because I sometimes feel like I'm preaching the importance of sun protection and some people may want to tune me out...but I truly mean well and just want everyone to understand what the UV rays are doing to our skin and how we can protect it while still allowing us to enjoy the great outdoor!
It was very hard to narrow down all the tidbits to just one post. If you have questions or would like to know more, feel free to ping me via email (email@example.com), Instagram (@hulawithme), or leave a comment in the comment box at the bottom of this post.
To share this post, you can use this shortened link <http://bit.ly/1TjQfI5>.
MORE FROM THE BEAUTY SERIES
Valentine's Day gifts can really burn a hole in our wallets. Don't get me wrong, I don't think relationships need to be built on gifts, but I'd be lying if I say I don't love little surprises, especially on the most romantic day of the year! So when my boyfriend and I made a recent purchase that we were both able to use, I had a "light bulb over my head" moment and came up with this unisex version of the Valentine's Day gift guide.
1. HoMedics® Percussion Action Handheld Massager with Heat I got this device for my boyfriend's back problem, but I ended up loving it as well! This helps release muscle tension on his back. As for me, I use this handheld massager to help alleviate soreness, especially on my legs, from my workout sessions.
2. Shaveworks™ Pearl Soufflé Luxurious Shave Cream Even though this is marketed toward women, it is such a good moisturizing shaving cream that it will work for both sex. And who wouldn't want your partner to have nicely-shaven smooth skin to blow kisses on? P.S. Read about my 7 shaving tips to get you date-ready.
3. Kiehl's Bath & Shower Liquid Body Cleanser in Grapefruit I am addicted to this body wash thanks to my gym here in Boston. I shamelessly slather myself in this after every workout and simply take my time in the shower. What I love about this moisturizing body wash is how light the grapefruit scent is - Precisely why I think this works for both sex as the smell won't be deemed too "girly". And we're talking about Kiehl's here - It's the best of the best when it comes to body care!
$25.00 (16.9 oz bottle) kiehls.com
4. L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream I am a hoarder of hand cream and L'Occitane is one of my obsessions. Given the snow storms we've had in the past days (and with more coming), this hand cream will come in handy! This is the brand's best-selling hand cream ("1 is sold every 3 seconds around the world"), and it will leave you with silky smooth hands. The scent is very light and works well as a unisex hand cream. Also, get the 1 0z which is perfect to throw in your and your partner's purse, tote, messenger bag, whatever your travel style is.
$12.00 (1 oz tube) loccitane.com
5. Hadatuko Daily Protector SFP 30 PA+++ I am passionate about daily, year-round sun protection. My past work in the sun care category has given me deep understanding of the danger our skin faces when not using sun protection (even on a cloudy day). So naturally and with love, I enforce a daily sunscreen rule, which my boyfriend happily oblige. This made-in-Japan sunscreen is great for its non-greasy formula ("too oily" often is the complaint I hear about using facial sunscreen). A Valentine's Day gift picked with love for your partner's health. Enough said!
Thanks for stopping by and hope you find this unisex gift guide helpful!
MORE FROM THE GIFT GUIDE SERIES